Zim and Zou's Colourful Village Papercraft

  In class last week we had to look at an assortment of articles from Colossal about papercrafts for inspiration, and write about which one inspires us the most, to prepare us for our next project.

So can we talk about just how ADORABLE these papercraft villages and houses are!????








-screams-

   Like I cant even begin to describe just how much i love these papercrafts by Zim and Zou (Lucie Thomas and Thibault Zimmermann) for Hermès in Dubai. Everything about them is absolutely perfect. Theyre colourful, whimsical, and just carry so much life, they almost remind me of Mary Blair paintings and her concept art for Disney. I love small little mushroom houses and I would live in a tiny village on a stump in a second if i could lmao. The vibrant colours on dark backdrops remind me of original Disney darkrides, just that level of whimsy and fun that I absolutely adore with stuff like this. I just love them theyre so cute <3

  On Zim and Zou's website, they describe the installation as such:

  "Nature is surrounding us and never cease to evolve since its beginning. Its run defines the world we’re living in. Nature is linked to every living beings, and every living being is linked to it. In this project, spectators have a sneak pick of the curious characters living inside this environment. This microscopic point of view, where plants and other vegetal reign as masters, is like a kind of picture, a flash, a precise instant in nature’s unrestrained run. Life is everywhere, flowers are growing and carry away its inhabitants in their impetus. This mysterious people is evolving, building, and living right in the heart of the nature, revealing a fragment of their daily life."

  This instalment to my understanding is to show a glimpse into the everyday lives of tiny little people that live in in harmony with nature. Their lives are integrated with all aspects of the nature surrounding them, living in and around it. It is a bright colourful world full of wonder. I am so in love with this concept, stories and environments like this inspire me and ive always been fascinated by them from a young age. I am not very skilled at papercrafts (even tho ive done some scrapbooking in the past) Im not the best at cutting paper but I have always wanted to make miniatures and would love to be able to make something like these houses one day :^>

proceeds to quit school and live out the rest of my days as a little mushroom lad in this house

you can see more on their website here:

Colossal article:


Comments

Popular Posts